Who doesn’t want to drive safely in their vehicle? Adjusting side and rearview mirrors has great importance to ensure safe driving. If you adjust perfectly, you can easily see what lies behind your behind and what wants to pass you. Otherwise, the chances of collision become skyrocket.
Adjusting the mirrors is really an awkward thing for anyone, at first. But, developing the habit of adjusting correctly will make you used to it. Today, we will notify you of how to adjust car mirrors for maximum visibility. Hopefully, you can get some important points from here.
How to adjust side mirrors correctly?
While driving, adjusting the side mirror is important because it allows safe driving. The majority of the drivers don’t know the perfect way of adjusting the car mirror. We will teach you the right setting of the mirror.
- First, you need to adjust your seating. So, keep your head and seating in the right place. Note: If you are in a headrest position, then you can’t perfectly set the mirror.
- Now, look at the mirror, adjust in the way, so that you can see a little bit of your car in the mirror. Note: The portion will be one-third of the car. The other portion will show you the road behind you.
- The perspective of that position allows you to know where your car is in relation to the lane beside you and relate in relation to the road beside you.
- The next thing is adjusting the height. Many people don’t adjust the height properly, yet, they put the mirrors too high up in the sky. If you keep the mirror in the up position, it will show you much of the sky and don’t let you see the road behind you.
- While adjusting the height, you need to keep the mirror in position, so that the road and sky occupy the same portion in the mirror.
- Hopefully, following our process you can see the road behind you as well as the road beside you and down onto the horizon.
How to adjust car mirrors for parking?
Parking is really a tough thing to do without perfectly adjusting the mirrors. Don’t worry, mirror adjusting is a simple process. So, let’s get right to it.
- First, we start off by letting you know the adjusting process of outside mirrors or wing mirrors.
- When you are adjusting the mirror, firstly, you need to make sure of the perfect sitting position.
- Then, look at the mirror, you will see one-quarter of the mirror allows you to see the rear quarter-panel of your car. Another portion will allow you to see the car and the lane beside yours.
- Now, move to the passenger side vehicle, you need to adjust the mirror so that you can see a little bit of your car, especially the one-third of your car. The other portion lets you see the lane beside you behind your car.
- Let’s move on to the rearview mirror. You need to adjust the rearview mirror in a way so that you can see the full window (full rear windshield) on the mirror. If you can’t then, try to show as much of the rear windshield as possible. Therefore, you can see the car behind you through the rear windshield
How does an automatic mirror adjustment system work?
- Typically, a combination switch will work to control a power door mirror. You can select which mirror and which direction like up down or sideways to control. Also, that switch allows you to control the mirror’s position like moving up and down or side to side.
- You will find a couple of screws beneath the mirror. After unscrewing, you can remove the base and pop off the cover
- When you reach inside the mirror, you will see a little center ball socket. That socket moves back and forth.
- Beside the center ball, you hopefully see two small sockets that help to move the mirror in and out and up and down.
- Inside the mirror, an actuator works as the main part. If you unscrew the actuator, you will see two RC motors that come with two spiral gears which rotate and spin the larger gear.
How to adjust car seats?
Adjusting the driver’s seat is the first thing you need to do before starting your engine. After adjusting the seat properly, you can reach all the controls and steer of your vehicle safely. So, get started with the adjustment process.
- First, you need to take the seat belt off.
- Now, start sitting all the way in your seat, make sure your rear end is all the way to the back of your seat and your shoulders are back.
- Up next, you need to adjust the height of your seat. Here you need to ensure a clear view across the middle of the windshield of the road and the traffic. Also, the position will allow you to see the dash and the steering wheel clearly.
- Another thing you need to consider while adjusting is how much headroom do you have. If you have two to four inches, then it is fine.
- Sometimes you can’t do that. But, if it allows then adjust your seat down a little bit.
Note: More headroom is better because it will allow maximum space between your head and the roof. Hence, it will keep you a bit more safe in a rollover accident.
- The next task is moving the seat backward or forwards. While adjusting, you need to ensure the position so that you can easily operate the pedals. Plus, your legs are in a comfortable driving position.
- Now, move the seat forward and make sure the heel of your foot is on the floor. You can depress the pedals full all the way to the floor without stretching the leg. If you need to stretch your leg to depress the pedal, it implies you don’t have good control over your vehicle. Plus, it causes more driver fatigue.
- Try to bend your leg slightly, it will ensure comfortable driving and less fatigue. Plus, keep at least a couple of fingers’ space between the back of your knee and the seat. Hence, you can ensure a more comfortable and relaxed position.
Note: If you bend your leg, it will keep your leg safe. Otherwise, if you are driving with your legs stretched out and stiff, hence it will increase the chance of injury to your leg.
Check out another awesome blog about:
Hopefully, we can teach you how to adjust car mirrors for maximum visibility. If you face any problems, feel free to notify us using the comment section.